Sunday, August 15, 2021

The Rise of Mediocrity


"Happy Birthday To Me!"

I have never watched a Tik Tok video. Nor have I ever tweeted anything, not having a Twitter account. The only people who influence me are my cat, who while not strictly a person acts like one, and my husband and my son. Other than that I take instructions from no one, at least not anyone I know in person. And being a pretty typical, run-of-the-mill sort, and having met a bunch of know-it-alls in my lifetime, I have to assume that most people feel the same way.

So how is it that there are so many "influencers" on Instagram who actually earn a very decent living by telling young people how to live, what to wear, what music to listen to, etc.? Don't people come with their own brains anymore?

These are truly scary times, when mediocrity passes for excellence. Consider that Anthony Fauci is considered an "expert" and has failed miserably on dealing with Covid, and Kamala Harris is next in line to become president but is clueless about almost everything, and Barack Obama actually was president and has morphed into a teeny-bopper celebrity groupie who threw himself a big birthday party for turning 60, like that's something special. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Do What You Want, Just Vote Democratic!

Desperate times call for desperate measures, as we've all been told. In their latest attempt to assure a win in November, should they no...