Sunday, January 12, 2020

Who's Reading This?

A random reader recently took umbrage at my post of January 2 wherein I discussed the transgender practice of surgical breast removal to further an innate desire to live as a male rather than a female.  Just the mention of this now-common procedure was, to her, beyond the pale, making me "a piece of work." Unsure of just what that made me, I looked it up and found this:

"The literal meaning of the term a piece of work is the product produced through someone’s efforts. However, a piece of work is also used as an idiom to describe someone who is unpleasant, dishonest, hard to deal with, of low character. When used in this fashion, a piece of work is a derogatory phrase. "

Now it's my time to take umbrage. Simply because I am not on board with the finality of altering one's God-given body parts to suit a possibly passing whim does not mean I am any of those things.  (I may well be one of the first three but certainly not the fourth). And just what defines "low character" anyway? Would someone who drinks too much and sleeps around qualify? How about someone repeatedly arrested for drunk driving? Is that person " a piece of work" or, more sympathetically, a lost soul?

Anyway, to any perfectly nice transgenders out there offended by my words, I apologize. As for their mothers, it's a good thing they aren't reading this blog ever again.

1 comment:

  1. I believe the same way, from what I've been reading, only knowing one person that was in a class with me 2 decades ago trying to go through the transition from male to female, the destruction mentally and physically that someone that decides to do this, especially when they already are struggling, seems to me that people that think it's a great idea to let these people suffer with these decisions seems overly indulgent and twisted IMO

    ReplyDelete

You Are What You Eat

Here in Maine, it's fiddlehead season. Fiddleheads are baby ferns. If left undisturbed they would become adult ferns, like the ones you ...