Monday, February 5, 2018

Schadenfreude Begets a New Fan

Eagles quarterback Nick Foles with his daughter Lily.
I know I shouldn't be admitting this publicly considering I live in New England, and even more especially since my friend Mary Martin who lives within spitting distance is so hardcore she almost left my dinner table in a huff two Saturday nights ago when I said Tom Brady was a cheater (oh please, those footballs did not deflate themselves), but this morning I am quite happy the New England Patriots lost the Superbowl game last night. That Brady is such a cocky little snot, he thinks he will just waltz through life and never lose anything. That should wake him up! 

My husband and I watched the game with friends who originally hail from Pennsylvania and are longtime Eagles fans, so it wasn't hard for me to root for the other team. And, knowing nothing about football and lacking even enough understanding to either hoot and holler or groan in dismay at what happened on the field, I cared less about the outcome of the game at the start than I do about whether or not Kim Kardashian has another round of butt injections. But as the game played on my heart went out to the Philadelphia team, especially the young, non-cocky quarterback with his brand new baby and regular, non-supermodel wife watching from the stands. By game's end I was ecstatic that the Eagles had won!

This morning I told my husband that I think I like football now and can't wait to see another game, so I was somewhat disappointed to find out that the season is over. Who knew?

1 comment:

  1. we're ALL glad the Eagles won! Brady is a spoiled brat! Why should he keep getting everything!

    And - I have always wanted a Jag, too. But second to an Alfa Romeo.

    ReplyDelete

Who Are The Protesters?

  So exactly who are those student protesters at college campuses around the country? The photo above shows one of them taking a much-needed...