Friday, February 16, 2018

My Secret Vacation

Tomorrow I will board an aircraft and fly to an undisclosed destination. Over the next nine days I may post photos, and it's possible someone with deep knowledge of world geography will be able to discern my location. If so, I hope that person keeps my secret. I'm not doing this to evade nefarious characters with evil intent, I'm doing it because I'm sick and tired of Facebook knowing every last detail of my life. Enough!

And it's not just Facebook. Yesterday when I got into my car, my smarty-pants smartphone displayed the message, "Under current traffic conditions it will take 16 minutes to CrossFit in Topsham." As it happened that's exactly where I was going, but it pissed me off that my phone knew. Today when I get in my car it will probably tell me how long it will take to get to the supermarket. I hate that!

Starting right now I will no longer tell my phone or my computer where I'm going or what I'm doing. They can beg me, but I will remain firm. You should do the same. Seriously, someday all of our electronic devices will run the world and have us do their bidding. (If you know what's good for you, you'll delete this blog post after reading it.)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Who Are The Protesters?

  So exactly who are those student protesters at college campuses around the country? The photo above shows one of them taking a much-needed...