Wednesday, February 28, 2018

The Four Daves

The Four Daves dismantling our kitchen.
Taking leave of our senses, my husband and I decided to have our kitchen renovated. The planning stage was fun, but today the actual demolition began and it's not fun anymore. And this is just the first day of what we are told will be 31 days, so you know we are looking at maybe 45 days until the dust settles, and I mean that literally.

As yet little has gone wrong, although I'm sure plenty will, but one thing that's odd, for lack of a better word, is that the crew is comprised of four men who are all named Dave. Naturally they call each other's name constantly. It's only been a few hours, but the word "dave" has ceased to have any meaning for me.

Finally another man came in to do some electrical work who was not named Dave. His name was Tom, but he offerered the information that his last name is Davison. This led to one of the Daves telling me that his last name is Thomason. Get it? Tom Davison, Dave Thomason. We all had a good chuckle over that. Another one of the Daves told me that his father, his son, his father-in-law and his brother-in-law are all also named Dave. I asked how they deal with the confusion at family functions, and he said that each different "Dave" is spoken with a different intonation and they each recognize their own sound.

Right now one of them is leaving and all the others are saying, "Bye, Dave" and "See you tomorrow Dave," and he is saying, "Later, Dave," and "See ya, Dave," right back to them.

I hope our kitchen turns out okay.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Colorful, But Still Monsters

Those surly, smart-ass, know-it-all (who really know nothing) American youngsters currently holding protests at exclusive colleges and unive...