Tuesday, February 13, 2018

PTSD Paranoia

Right now I have the hiccups which immediately makes me worry if I'm having a heart attack. Not that hiccups are a symptom of heart attacks, but they might be, who knows. The truth is that whatever I feel that is out of the ordinary makes me worry that I'm having a heart attack. A headache, a sore neck, my teeth hurt, indigestion, a leg cramp, dizziness, a new cough: it's a heart attack.

According to a friend of mine, who coincidentally is a therapist and had a heart attack herself ten years ago, this is because I actually did have a heart attack four months ago so now I have PTSD from it, which I can expect to last for at least a few years.

My hiccups stopped and I am still alive, so obviously I've got PTSD. I guess that's better.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Colorful, But Still Monsters

Those surly, smart-ass, know-it-all (who really know nothing) American youngsters currently holding protests at exclusive colleges and unive...