Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Sex, Death and Jehovah's Witnesses

I read this morning that those ubiquitous Kardashians have actually helped Americans by openly discussing some of their personal health issues, like occasional urinary incontinence, painful intercourse-- described poetically as "not being juicy enough down there"-- and anal leakage during an oil enema.

Okay, I am 65 years old and, while adventurous in all areas of my life, I have never given myself an oil enema nor have I heard from any friend who has. If I had one and experienced anal leakage, I think I would A, clean up the mess and B, keep it quiet. As for the "juiciness" factor: Go get some K-Y jelly, Kourtney or whatever your name is, and shut up about it! What is wrong with these people? If they want to actually help, they should talk about a problem facing everyone without exception: Death, with a capital D as you may have noticed. That's surely coming to us all, and many folks would love to know how to prepare. Those danged Kardashians never even get near that subject; fortunately, others do.

Just yesterday morning a young woman knocked on my door at about 10 AM. I knew I was in for it when I saw the clipboard and the booklets, and assumed she was selling something like fresh air or clean water or save the fishies or such. Turns out the she was a Jehovah's Witness and she wanted to tell me about the Kingdom of Heaven! Naturally I was all ears and prepared for a lively discussion over scones and coffee, but things soured quickly when she admitted she had never actually been to said kingdom and all her information was only hearsay. I told her I already had my own religion based on hope, rumor and imagination and sent her scampering off to Polly's house across the way.

At least those chatty Kardashians speak from experience. As for Death....anyone?

2 comments:

  1. deneb wonders: who the hell are the kardashians?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok Deneb: I understand you do not watch TV and that you live in Utah, but do you ever pass a newsstand or buy groceries in a supermarket or go online? How can you not know this? I am kind of envious of your oblivion.

    ReplyDelete

Plop, Plop, Fizz, Fizz

It's hard to believe that what began in 2004 as an innocent tool intended for Harvard college boys to meet attractive coeds on campus ha...