Sunday, September 22, 2024

No More Fat-Shaming

I think I'm coming down with a touch of obesity. I have no idea where I caught it but according to an article in today's New York Times it is our "biggest health problem" and has infected 40% of American adults, so it could have been anywhere. 

There was a lady in the supermarket ahead of me in line a few weeks ago who had a really bad case. (See photo.) I wasn't even wearing a mask. Was I standing too close to her?

I always thought it was because I was eating too many fattening foods, but now I understand it's a disease. So I might as well eat that brownie and that bag of potato chips, and whatever else I want. They might make me feel better.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Anyone for President

I read today that Kamala Harris has a plan to "end the unreasonable burden of student loan debt." Her plan is to "forgive&quo...