Thursday, September 5, 2024

If You've Got Money to Burn....

The other day I was out walking and a woman passed by with the most adorable dog I had ever seen. Naturally I stopped them and fawned all over the pup, peppering its owner with questions as to what breed of dog, where did she get it, how old -- that kind of thing. I was in love. (With the dog.) 

Then today, at the supermarket of all places, another woman had a similar dog, equally adorable. She and I talked and it turned out that both dogs were Bernedoodles from the same breeder in Salt Lake City.

I had to have one of those dogs! 

My husband and I have gone back and forth on the issue since our last dog died many years ago: It's too heartbreaking. But they are so much fun! It's sad when they get sick. But they are so loving! They make it hard to travel. They fill the house with life! Etc., etc., etc. I really, really wanted one. 

I tried to talk myself out of it, but this dog was so special that I went forward with the fantasy and took the first step. I checked out the breeder and saw pictures of the puppies currently available. There were so many! And all of them so cute! How to choose? Then I saw the prices: $5,000 for this one. $4,500 for that one. $3,800 for another. A bargain at $3,000. (What's wrong with him?) End of fantasy. 

I pity all the rich people who don't know what the heck to do with their money.

1 comment:

  1. 1) that is the cutest dog I ever saw … and 2) is 4K really too much to pay for love?

    ReplyDelete

Making Sense With Kamala

Young Kamala, already saving money! Walking around my neighborhood this afternoon and noticing the proliferation of Harris lawn signs, I was...