Saturday, September 7, 2024

Bring Back The Friendly Skies

Tulsi Gabbard, the former Democratic congresswoman from Hawaii who left the party, has recently endorsed Donald Trump for president and openly criticizes the policies of Joe Biden and his lap dog, Kamala Harris. 

She now claims that she has been targeted as a terrorist by the TSA and has been put on their "Quiet Skies" list as a possible enemy of the state. This has resulted in Gabbard and her husband being pulled aside for questioning whenever they fly and having their bags checked, a humiliating process that takes about 45 minutes every time.

I have also endorsed Donald Trump for president and openly criticize the policies of Biden and Harris. Am I an enemy of the state? I haven't flown recently so it's hard to know if I'm on any watch lists, though I tend to doubt it since I'm a nobody and have never held any political office. But random surveillance of the citizenry at large seems to be the direction the US is heading, and a Democratic win in November should seal the deal.

Today's "Quiet Skies" are very different from the "Friendly Skies" of the 1960s. I liked those much better; at the very least you got snacks.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Art For Sale

 I submitted the oil paintings shown above to a local juried show here in Maine.  Still waiting to see if any are accepted.  Let me know if ...