Thursday, September 21, 2023

Return of The Freak Show

Well, that didn't last long. My hiatus, that is. I decided that the world needs my voice. Most people don't know it yet because most people haven't heard it, but The Daily Droid is one of the very few places online where nothing but the truth is told, and little is held back. So onward I go into the fray, holding my nose since we all can agree that the fray stinks these days.

Back when freaks were freaks.
Today's topic boring a hole in my brain is the prevalence of tattoos among the misguided. This morning as I worked out with my trainer at the gym, I was visually assaulted by a woman working out near me. She had full arm sleeves and lots of ink on her back, her torso and her legs, and it was all pretty nauseating. A young 50-year-old, she is attractive under all the ink, but with it she looks like a freak in a circus side show tent, the kind they still had when I was a teen in the '60s.

Speaking of which, the first time I fainted was in a "freak sideshow" at a circus in Rye, New York. I can remember the whole thing very clearly: getting woozy in front of a cage containing "The Elephant Lady," whose skin was grey and wrinkly. Next thing I knew I was out in the sunshine, lying on the ground with someone holding a bottle of smelling salts under my nose.

I bet that so-called Elephant Lady was once a normal woman who got colorful tattoos all over her body, and as she aged they morphed into a leathery, gross, grey-ish blob covering her from head to toe. So look out for a generation of freaky people with elephant skin in about 40 years, that is if any part of this dying society still remains.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Fat Is Never Good

                        For reasons that remain unclear, a growing acceptance of fat people has taken root in our society. Online, more and...