Monday, September 4, 2023

DeSantis: A Man of the People

According to Forbes, Nikki Haley's net worth in 2023 is estimated to be $8 million. Robert F. Kennedy Jr. has $15 million. Mike Pence, a relative pauper, has $4 million. Donald Trump has $2.5 billion. Vivek Ramaswamy has $950 million. And what do all these rich people have in common? Every one of them emails me daily asking for money! 

Hahaha -- what a riot, since I have $0 million. My husband has some money because he works for a living, but nothing in the ball park of what all those politicians have. And yet they ask us for money so they can become even wealthier. 

It pisses me off that people running for office nickel and dime us for contributions they then hand over to advertising agencies for TV commercials trashing their opponents, and lawns signs, mugs, baseball caps and t-shirts emblazoned with their names. Meanwhile the poorest among us live in shacks, except the ones in cardboard boxes or under tarps, eking out a paltry living or begging for handouts. 

Here's an idea: How about if the politicians pay us? If I ever got an email from one of them saying, "I have mailed you a check for $500 to help pay your bills this month," I would definitely vote for that person. As for me, I'm rooting for Ron DeSantis, a totally normal guy: At the end of last year he was worth about $320,000 and still owed roughly $20,000 in student loans, according to a financial disclosure report he filed in June.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Fat Is Never Good

                        For reasons that remain unclear, a growing acceptance of fat people has taken root in our society. Online, more and...