Friday, September 22, 2023

Age Happens

As expected, my recent blog post denigrating tattoos has elicited insults from strangers. Okay, I get it and they are deserved. But the insults lobbed at me are pathetic: I was called "a granny" and "old as dirt."

Biologically, one can become a grandmother as early as age 25. It has little to do with age and more to do with one's fertility and sexual activity and that of one's offspring. I am not yet a grandmother, despite being in my 70's. Talk to my son about it.

Next, as far as being "old as dirt," that's just plain silly. Dirt is as old as the planet, which is many millions of years old. Nobody can ever be as old as dirt.

Lastly, I can't keep my body from aging -- it's a natural process that occurs to all people who don't die. But I can choose to not deface my body, a personal act many people commit freely.

So go ahead and call me old. In fact, thank you.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Throwback Thursday: Donald Trump Is Child's Play

While the Democrats are all hot and bothered over a one-night stand between Donald Trump and Stormy Daniels, threatening to imprison him fo...