Friday, May 27, 2022

Sorry Mom and Dad, It's On You

According to the mother of the teen-age gunman who shot 19 adorable and innocent children in cold blood, in the face, as he looked straight into their pleading, tearful eyes, her son was "not violent." She was also quoted as saying she was "surprised" by what he did and that she was "not feeling very well right now" and was "upset." Oh gee.

Today the good, sweet, decent townsfolk of Uvalde, Texas are comforting her and "not blaming her." Those are some really nice people. I could not be one of them since I strongly disagree. If not Mom and Dad, then who is to blame? 

Every Republican according to my husband's demented nephew Keith. Every member of the NRA. Any hunter with a rifle, according to all Democrats. And let's not forget everyone who owns a gun for self-defense that they keep locked in a drawer or in a box under the bed. 

Being a mother myself, I'm sticking with Mom and Dad, if for nothing else but withholding their love, offering no support, abandoning him and turning the other cheek despite warning signs like his cutting himself and having no friends. I wonder what drugs Mom was using that allowed her to believe her son was not violent. I might need some of those just to get through the next few weeks processing what he did to the 16,000 residents of Uvalde and to every the student and teacher in America.


No comments:

Post a Comment

A Dark Day At the Symphony

Yesterday I saw first-hand the blind ignorance of Mainers. Sure, there are smart Mainers, notably my dermatologist, my hip surgeon, my denti...