Wednesday, May 11, 2022

How Many Genders?


My friend Mary, who is very woke and works hard to remain so, recently told me she doesn't like the way I think and wants me to feel differently about a number of issues. Of course I could lie and say I've had a change of heart and I now agree with her, but I'm pretty sure it's impossible to actually change your heart without A, a direct experience as a teacher or B, a heart transplant.

One thing Mary told me is that there are 72 genders. That shocked me as I only know about two, but hey, I'm old and certainly open to learning new things. So I was surprised this morning when I applied for a passport online -- mine expires in a few months -- and the form I had to fill out required me to check a box for my gender and gave me only two choices: Male and Female.

Apparently the U.S. Department of State is sadly out of date.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Plop, Plop, Fizz, Fizz

It's hard to believe that what began in 2004 as an innocent tool intended for Harvard college boys to meet attractive coeds on campus ha...