Monday, May 16, 2022

COVID Comes Calling

It took more than two years but finally it got us. Well, not us but my husband, however I'm guessing it's only a matter of time before I also test positive for Covid. To be honest, I can't wait since right now I'm stuck nursing a patient who shares his every feeling with me, assuming I can do something about it.

For example: He's got chills, he needs a blanket. I get the blanket. He needs another blanket, and the heat turned up. Then he's too hot, so I retrieve both blankets and get him some water. Pretty soon he's cold again, he needs hot tea with a little honey. Not too much! And he might be hungry, not now but in a little while. And where is that blanket?

There is coughing and wheezing. The occasional groan. And complaining. So far that last thing seems to be the biggest symptom. If you ask me, it's definitely one of the worst, tied with the constant taking of his temperature. 

Between Mitch's demands and those of the cat, who needs to go out and then needs to come in and has to be fed and his litter box needs to be cleaned, being sick in bed seems like a vacation. But not too sick, please God, in case you are reading this.

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Bridge Too Far

Many people flipped out when, a few years back, President Trump called the media "the enemy of the people." Of course, most of the...