Thursday, February 24, 2022

What's Playing at My House

Last week it was the Beijing Olympics. I hated watching it, for so many reasons, but had a hard time shooting holes in my husband's argument that it was a once-in-four-years thing so why should he watch it on the teeny old TV in the bedroom instead of the new 65-inch TV in the den. So I sat through as many commercials as I could, and tried to stay awake during the snowboarding and the stories about Eileen Gu until I finally had to give in and go to bed, telling myself it was only for two weeks.

So the Olympics ended, finally and thank God, and for a day or two life was normal again. Then along comes Ukraine and now every night we're watching a war movie.

I like comedy; life is hard enough. This too shall pass, I tell myself, but what's next?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hamas Is In The House

In case you are wondering what's going on with our colleges and universities these days, let me explain: Hamas is in the house. They hav...