Friday, February 18, 2022

Losing Sleep Over Ukraine

I'm so upset that Russia is about to invade Ukraine, I can hardly sleep at night. NOT! 

But something about the whole thing does keep me awake: Are we supposed to be all hot and bothered about the situation over there so we can see Joe Biden as a tough guy (a.k.a. competent president) when he reads the speech written for him that says Putin better not set one foot in Poland because Poland is in NATO and so are we, and well, you know-- all for one and one for all? 

I only know that Poland thing because my husband told me. He likes this stuff. I do not. I am more interested in things that are happening in my life right here in America. Like when I fill my gas tank it now costs $45 instead of $28 like it did under Trump. And there are lots more homeless people in the streets of downtown Portland than ever before. That's disturbing, especially when the temps go down to below zero at night. And this winter our fuel bills are more than $1,000 a month when they were about $500 or less under the last regime. That kind of thing.

Hey, I do have a heart -- in fact I once had a heart attack, that's how much heart I have.  I hope all the people in Ukraine are safe and comfortable and Russia doesn't go crazy. But please don't ask me to lose sleep over them, I only get about four solid hours already.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hamas Is In The House

In case you are wondering what's going on with our colleges and universities these days, let me explain: Hamas is in the house. They hav...