Friday, February 11, 2022

Keep Your Hands Off My Wordle

While I'm not all the way to addicted, still every morning, before I brush my teeth but after a few sips of coffee, I grab my cell phone and play Wordle. It's a nice start to the day, and since I've never missed once in 33 days, it starts me off with a win. 

Now those days are numbered thanks to the greedy bums at the New York Times who recently bought the game from its inventor, Josh Wardle, for a million bucks. I can't blame Josh; after all, who doesn't want a million dollars? But let's be honest -- the Times didn't pay big money just to reward a nice guy with a good idea. 

No, they likely will cash in on the craze, and who knows how. So far the owners are mum on the subject, saying only that "initially" the game will remain free. But surely they plan to stick it behind their paywall, requiring a subscription to the paper in order to play. 

That's just plain mean. Everyone knows the best things in life are free.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hamas Is In The House

In case you are wondering what's going on with our colleges and universities these days, let me explain: Hamas is in the house. They hav...