Monday, December 20, 2021

No Mask Required

After much deliberation over whether or not I need the thing, I caved in to my greedier self and ordered an item online. One thing that sealed the deal was the promise of a ''20-percent discount site-wide.'' A quick calculation told me I would pay 30 dollars less for the item that was listed at 150 dollars, bringing it to 120 which I found to be much more reasonable. So I went through all the rigamarole and entered my information, and at the end I was charged the full price. 

Almost incensed but not all the way to incensed since it did not involve a ton of savings, I wrote to the company with my complaint concerning false advertising. They responded quickly, thanking me for ''reaching out'' and promising an answer in four to six weeks.

I might remember some or all of this transaction in four to six weeks but I highly doubt it, and to be honest I hope not. Really, my limited brain space is precious and stuff like this gets tossed out right away. What I will remember is that online shopping is sketchy at best, but at least you can't catch Covid while doing it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Obama's New America

Barack Hussein Obama relaxing at home. The situation on many of America's college campuses is dire. Not only are we learning that studen...