Tuesday, December 21, 2021

Merry Covid Testing

This afternoon Joe Biden, acting president, gave a televised speech to the country. I tuned in late as I was touching up my grey roots, but I did catch the last 20 minutes or so. What he stressed, time and again, was that Americans need to get tested. They need tests to be delivered directly to their homes, which the government is preparing to do at a cost of roughly a billion dollars, or something like that. They need to go to neighborhood testing centers. Children need to be tested a couple of times a week in order to stay in school. And once everyone is tested they need to get tested again. 

TESTING. TESTING. TESTING.  WE NEED MORE TESTING.

Biden never clarified how testing stops the virus from spreading, which is something that still mystifies me. The pandemic has been around for almost two years now and I have never had a test although I have been vaccinated twice and boosted once. Perhaps this makes me Public Enemy Number One, I'm not really sure. But apparently testing is the key to ending this thing, and I have not been doing my part. I thought the vaccine was the way to end it. 

I'm so ashamed.

Anyway, as a good citizen it is advised that you leave an at-home Covid test kit on the fireplace mantel for Santa this year, right next to the milk and cookies, and maybe a mask too. God knows he'd be a super spreader.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Obama's New America

Barack Hussein Obama relaxing at home. The situation on many of America's college campuses is dire. Not only are we learning that studen...