Wednesday, December 22, 2021

Kim Kardashian's Butt

Kim Kardashian's big butt has a new boyfriend. I found this out when I checked my email online. I did not click on the article as who in their right mind would, but still there it was, many paragraphs long strung out under that oh-so-tittilating headline. To be fair, the headline named the man but he was unknown to me so I forgot it.

The fact that someone, somewhere -- probably a managing editor earning a decent salary-- decided to assign that topic to a writer, and then the writer spent time researching for it, and then crafted the story before it was ultimately posted online, is depressing to me. And I am 75 years old and past caring about career advancement in my chosen field. Imagine how it might make young people feel, not only those reading it who find such things interesting, or perhaps demoralizing, but aspiring writers wishing they could land a job writing about famous people for a news organization. 

I'm not proud to be one of those people who think the good old days were better, but even people not alive during the good old days would agree. Yes, it took longer to dial a number on a rotary phone than to press a button on a cellphone, but at least when you finished dialing it was answered by a human and not a robot. And celebrities achieved fame for doing something to be emulated, and not for injecting their behinds with silicone. 

FYI, word on the street is that Kim had most of her butt fillers removed and is now going for a more natural look. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Obama's New America

Barack Hussein Obama relaxing at home. The situation on many of America's college campuses is dire. Not only are we learning that studen...