Monday, February 22, 2021

Pre-Vaccine Jitters


Tomorrow I am scheduled to get the coronavirus vaccine. I am not happy about it. I am not excited. I won't  be sending out a picture of me holding up my vaccine registration card and giving a thumbs up, like the one I got from a friend a few weeks ago. I envy him; he was so happy! While I am not.

I fear negative reactions to whatever the heck it is they inject into me. Hey, I get drunk from two sips of wine, and that's not an exaggeration. (In high school my nickname was Cheap Date.) I heard about one guy I know who fainted after his first dose. (Listen, I faint on a regular basis, and apparently for no reason anyone can figure out.) I fear getting a dose of something to make me more compliant and less of a pain in the ass. (I recently re-read 1984 and Brave New World and my paranoia where government is concerned is heightened.) And just who are the people who made it, anyway? And why do some "experts" say it might work, while others say it might not?

Whatever the reason, I don't want the damn shot. But I'm getting it because my husband wants me to, and supposedly my doing so will benefit everyone else in the world because it will help develop herd immunity. At least that's the official story. 

Bottom line: I'm getting it for you. (You can thank me later.) If I can, I'll report back post-vaccination. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bring On the Tear Gas

On October 12, 1969, knowing next to nothing about the situation, I accompanied three college friends to a demonstration. It was the first o...