Tuesday, February 2, 2021

All the Angry Old Democrats

Name withheld for obvious reasons.
I recently received a forwarded message from a friend that consisted of a letter from the actor Clint Eastwood on turning 90. The first part spoke poetically about how he would miss living and that we should grab every minute we have alive. It ended with a walloping putdown of Joe Biden. I found it completely believable since Eastwood is known to be a stalwart Republican who fears reprisals from nobody.
 
Finding it both funny and affirming, and foolishly without double-checking its veracity, I forwarded it to eight friends of mine, six of whom are devout Democrats. Within seconds I received a poisonous response from one of the recipients (see photo). An old friend and former beau, he had no charity in his heart when he spit out the following:

"Tut tut, poor Andrea the poor misguided Commedianne, listening to right wing drivel all her waning years. I’ll bet you fervently think T**** won the election.And Mitch is a Great American and Greene is a thoughtful Congressperson. sigh.  Please keep your Fox/Hannity vomit to yourself,as it is embarrassing to hear wven fourth-hand. Tsk tsk."  

Hard to believe he signed his last email to me (the one before this) "Your old chum." Things happen for a reason, though, and I'm glad I found out how much he truly hates me before wasting more time on our supposed friendship.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Nuke Gaza (or at Least Ilhan Omar)

If they can say "From the river to the sea," I can say "Nuke Gaza. " That's extreme, I know, but hey, do you rememb...