Friday, February 19, 2021

I Always Wanted a Big Brother, and Now I Have One!


Growing up with an older sister who, despite her best intentions, made my life hell from day one, I dreamed of having a big brother instead. He would protect me from bullies, make jokes and help me navigate the world. Now I do have a big brother, only he's a Big Brother, and his name is Mark Zuckerberg and he hasn't helped me in any way.

This morning he sent me a message saying I could not go on Facebook for the next 24 hours because I had used "hate speech" in one of my blog posts back in December. (Called someone a bitch, who clearly was one.) 

Honestly, the punishment hurt me not a whit. I have often gone days without posting anything, so big whoop. Besides, I have two Facebook accounts with different names, so now I'm using the other one. (Shhh, don't tell anyone.)

Not sure if this will post since Mark's note said I could not "go live" on the platform, and he might be smart enough to figure out I'm the same person as that bad girl. We'll find out just how up-to-speed they are over at Big Brother's place.

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Bridge Too Far

Many people flipped out when, a few years back, President Trump called the media "the enemy of the people." Of course, most of the...