Sunday, February 7, 2021

All News is Fake News


My dirty little secret is that I love getting into verbal spats, and even outright mudslinging, with total strangers on Facebook. I say things I would never dream of saying to anyone in person. This is because the people who initiate such things online are almost always morons, idiots, dumb teens or clueless snowflakes with big mouths who post comments on any and every damn thing they disagree with. Another group are well-meaning people who lack a sense of humor and thus think a bit of satire is meant to be taken seriously.

I got into one of those spats today with a girl, I'm pretty sure she was quite young, who alerted others that my blog post asserting that the Covid vaccine causes foaming at the mouth was "not a reliable source of information."

I was stunned to imagine that anyone would ever think it is. That's not to say that I lie. No, I triple-check my information before I write it. But sometimes I'm just joking, and if you can't tell when that is I certainly cannot be held responsible.

As for repeating fake news, hey, gimme a break: What news isn't fake? Twisted and turned into whatever shape necessary to appeal to a certain demographic that might buy their sponsors' products, even the weather reports can't be trusted these days.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Obama's New America

Barack Hussein Obama relaxing at home. The situation on many of America's college campuses is dire. Not only are we learning that studen...