Friday, December 11, 2020

Tulsi Gabbard and the Transgenders

This is nothing new, but the so-called mainstream media is a joke. Today I read an article about Hawaii Rep. Tulsi Gabbard, who introduced a bill that would essentially prevent transgender males from competing in women's sports. This makes total sense. But the headline of the story was, "Tulsi Gabbard Introduces Anti-Transgender Bill." Gee, I thought, how could she? But of course, she hadn't.

For those who don't get it: When transgender males who present themselves as women compete with natural females, they will almost always win, being stronger and bigger in most cases. This is unfair.

The whole transgender thing escapes me, if you must know. Yesterday I was in the supermarket where the checkout clerk, a woman I usually choose if I can because she is fast, accurate, has a great personality and I love her hair -- cropped very short, salt and pepper, sort of spiky on top -- wore a name tag for the first time. Her name was one I had never heard before, and so I asked about it. She quickly supplied the information that she had "made it up" because she is transgender, so she kept part of her given name -- a girl's name -- and added a new ending to make it more masculine. 

I was mystified. Did this mean she is now a man? If she is transgender, and started out with a female name at birth, that would imply she is. Or he is. Anyway, whatever she/he has done to herself/himself, it didn't work. Later on I asked my husband, who also knows the clerk from shopping at that market, what sex she is. "She's a girl," he said assuredly. 

I'm so confused.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Obama's New America

Barack Hussein Obama relaxing at home. The situation on many of America's college campuses is dire. Not only are we learning that studen...