Friday, December 4, 2020

Coming Out (Meow)


Dear Readers:

I want to share with you that I am trans, my pronouns are kitty/puss, and my name is Fluffy. I feel lucky to be writing this, to be here, to have arrived at this place in my life. Finally I can drop the charade, curl up in a ball and take a nap whenever I feel like it.

I feel overwhelming gratitude to the people who have supported me in this journey, especially my dear friend and veterinarian who has always given me treats whenever we get together. I can't begin to express  how remarkable it feels to love who I am enough to pursue my authentic self. I am especially grateful to my husband, who understands that while traditional sex between us is out of the question, I will always let him rub my tummy, scratch under my chin and brush my fur whenever he wants.

I love that I am trans. And I love that I am a cat. The more I hold myself close, the more I dream -- about chasing mice and reaching high for the bouncy toy on the end of the string and working out on the scratching post. Finally, I can live the life I was meant to live. As a loving feline I will do everything I can to make this world a better place, except of course for the local birds, chipmunks and aforementioned mice who are my natural prey and thus must die.

If you see me on the street, don't rush over to congratulate me. Let me come to you.

Hugs,

Fluffy


No comments:

Post a Comment

Obama's New America

Barack Hussein Obama relaxing at home. The situation on many of America's college campuses is dire. Not only are we learning that studen...