Monday, December 28, 2020

Busy Bees Still Die

My husband is already worried about what he will do after he retires, like that'll ever happen. (I'm pretty sure he will work til his dying day.) I recently overheard him say on a Zoom call with a coworker, "After all, we've got to stay busy, right?" Stay busy until the day you die, and then it's over? That's one approach. 

I have a different one. Being an artist, doing nothing is easy for me. I try to do nothing as much as possible so I can actually notice my life while it's happening. Another benefit of doing nothing is that when I finally do die, there won't be much that I'll miss. It won't be such a Big Deal. It will be, as Seinfeld's Elaine described Jerry's eventual slide into senility, "a pretty smooth transition" for me.

My advice is to do as little as possible while still generating enough income for food and other basic necessities. I guess you could call it my philosophy: "If you take the zing out of Life, you take the sting out of Death."

Only half-kidding.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Obama's New America

Barack Hussein Obama relaxing at home. The situation on many of America's college campuses is dire. Not only are we learning that studen...