Friday, May 8, 2020

Some Scary Shit

My husband's family must be severely lacking in some essential genetic material. How else to explain the fact that they are all morbidly obese and at the same time lack the ability to think clearly? Is there a reason they all blame every last problem they have on Donald Trump? What are the chances that so many people related to one another share those two traits? And how did Mitch, who is super-smart albeit with a slight paunch, escape this terrible fate and avoid passing it on to our son, who is certifiably brilliant and rail-thin? (All I can say is "Praise the Lord!")

A recent example of this defective DNA among the lot of them is the comment posted on Facebook made by a major big boy in the family, a guy who used to be really smart but alas, the family disease seems to worsen with age. Keith wrote that, "If you were Putin's agent you would delay the US coronavirus response for a month, weaken the healthcare system by seizing PPE, pit states against each other, encourage Americans to poison themselves, and impede testing."

I have been paying close attention to the news and I never saw or heard any of that, even though I watch all the news outlets and once in awhile even hold my nose and read the New York Times. (I must have been in a coma when Trump encouraged Americans to poison themselves.) This is why I never went to that family reunion so many years ago when Mitch and I were newlyweds; I could tell right off the bat they were all nuts.  It's truly some scary shit. Now where did I put that glass of Lysol I just poured for myself?

No comments:

Post a Comment

You Are What You Eat

Here in Maine, it's fiddlehead season. Fiddleheads are baby ferns. If left undisturbed they would become adult ferns, like the ones you ...