Thursday, May 21, 2020

Loons and Lunatics

The morning paper did not arrive in time for my breakfast, so I turned to my computer for news of the day since eating with no other distraction, while healthy and advocated as the best way to achieve weight loss and avoid mindless stuffing of one's face, bores me. Focusing on the local news since I already know that the left hates Trump, a lying, psychopathic buffoon, and the right hates Biden, an aging, addled moron, I came across two local stories that elicited vastly different emotions in me.

Momma Loon takes Junior out for a swim.
The first article told of a Black Hawk eagle that was found dead with a puncture wound in its heart. Ornithologists brought in on the case determined that the bird had been killed by the beak of a Black Loon. According to a wildlife biologist at the Maine Department of Inland Fisheries and Wildlife, "Fights between eagles and loons are becoming increasingly common as the eagle population continues to grow, with eagles attacking baby, and sometimes adult loons."  My eyes filled with tears as I reflected on the random cruelty of Mother Nature.

The second story recounted an ATV accident involving a 26-year old woman riding with her 6-year-old son strapped onto the back seat. She lost control of the vehicle as she approached a bridge and slid 23 feet down into Hardy Brook in Farmington, Maine. They are both being treated at different area hospitals, with the child's injuries more serious than the mother's. This article angered me greatly, causing me to wonder how people are permitted to have children when they are clearly idiots. (I wonder who she'll vote for, if she lives. )




No comments:

Post a Comment

You Are What You Eat

Here in Maine, it's fiddlehead season. Fiddleheads are baby ferns. If left undisturbed they would become adult ferns, like the ones you ...