Friday, May 22, 2020

The Army of the Self-Righteous


I recently wrote a blog post about how my husband takes his temperature a lot and checks his oxygen levels to make sure he doesn't have Covid-19. I titled that post "Pandemic Playthings." And would't you know it, somebody left a comment saying that  I wasn't taking the whole pandemic thing--my words -- seriously enough. That it was not a "thing" but an event of a serious nature! All I can say about that woman who I have never met is the following:

She is a Democrat
She hates Donald Trump and FOX News 
She loves CNN and Rachel Maddow
She might have a summer house in Sag Harbor
She abhors racism but has no black friends 
She gets manis and pedis from Asian girls
She supports Joe Biden for president 

I know all these things because they are the requirements for induction into The Army of the Self-Righteous, which is growing by leaps and bounds and threatens to take over our once free country. Be on the lookout for them. They don't wear uniforms, but one sure way to spot them besides a big red nose is their complete lack of a sense of humor. (Some people believe the leader of their army ordered the 2014 death of comedienne Joan Rivers, who died seven weeks after she called Obama "gay" and Michelle "a tranny.")

No comments:

Post a Comment

You Are What You Eat

Here in Maine, it's fiddlehead season. Fiddleheads are baby ferns. If left undisturbed they would become adult ferns, like the ones you ...