Monday, April 27, 2020

Were Dinosaurs This Bad?

On some days, and this is starting to look like one of them, I am totally on board with the human race dying out. This pandemic, with no end in sight, just might do it, and if you ask me, it's time.

What's got me sure of it is seeing a tweet (God I hate that word and the whole Twitter thing) from the wife of actor Alec Baldwin which includes a video of herself at the doctor's office having  a sonogram of the latest occupant of her uterus. (This is number six, so we know she's a breeder.) There she is lying on the examining table while we, total strangers, get to hear the baby's heartbeat, as if her baby is the first baby to ever have a heartbeat, and as if all of us weren't babies once with our own damn heartbeats. And since we still all have heartbeats, what is the big fucking deal about this particular baby? Has the woman no sense of decorum or pride or even a shred of dignity? (Her name is Hilaria which might tell you something.)

Next thing you know someone will post a picture of their interesting bowel movement. I almost did once when it came out looking exactly like a question mark, little dot and all, but my husband put his foot down. (Not on it in the toilet, but just figuratively speaking.)

I wonder: Were the dinosaurs this bad?

1 comment:

Spoiler Alert: Not For the Faint of Heart

I recently saw a disturbing video posted online that has stuck in my brain, like a song you hear that you can't stop playing over and ov...