Saturday, April 18, 2020

Land of the Free to Use Drugs

In 2017, drug abuse including opioids killed 70,000 Americans. In 2018 there were 67,000 deaths from the same cause. (More recent tallies are not yet available.) But oddly enough, children still went to school every day, colleges and universities did not close, major sporting events were not cancelled, restaurants were not shuttered, Broadway shows opened to thrilled tourists, retail sales continued, the stock market did not plummet, unemployment remained low and, more to the point, I could get my damn teeth cleaned and my next set of Invisaligns on time, two things I sorely need. Even odder, the liberal media did not blame Trump for it, so busy were they with concocting the Russian collusion thing.

So, since nothing was done to change the situation, we, the public, concluded that those who perished were just a bunch of dead drug addicts and life went on. And as far as I can tell, there has been no effort on the part of the government or the states or Dr. Anthony Fauci or that Surgeon General-In-A-Uniform to come up with a solution, vaccine, treatment, deterrent, or anything at all to stop the scourge of drug abuse that continues to this day.

Pity those poor Michiganders; no gardens this year!
Not so with Covid-19. No, not at all. With Covid-19 you can't do nuthin'. And in Michigan, you can do even less than nuthin' (see photo). This theft of our basic human rights was carried out by a 48-year-old woman who somehow was elected to be the Governor of that state. Like they do with heinous criminals on the news, I won't glorify her by using her name, but if I ever met her in person, I'd give her a piece of my mind, believe me.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Spoiler Alert: Not For the Faint of Heart

I recently saw a disturbing video posted online that has stuck in my brain, like a song you hear that you can't stop playing over and ov...