Saturday, May 5, 2018

Grownup Musical Chairs

When a group of people go out to eat together, there is always that moment when who sits where must be decided, sort of like musical chairs when the music stops. Everyone takes a seat, and I'm always the one facing the wall, looking only at the people I am with. That's fine, after all they are almost always friends, or even a spouse. Still, it gets old.

I'm either too slow or too embarrassed to make a grab for the Tony Soprano seat, leaving me wide open for getting shot in the back. If I could just overcome my reluctance to eat out alone, I could finally see what the inside of a restaurant looks like.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Where is Your Focus?

By now, most functioning adults should have realized two things: Joe Biden is a demented fool who is not really making any decisions for our...