Friday, May 25, 2018

The Gemini Cat

None of what I wrote recently about how birthdays are meaningless notches on the tree of life and that saying "happy birthday" is dumb applies to cats. I never knew this before today, but I found out early this morning that today is my cat's birthday and Big Lurch is 11 years old, and I'm pretty excited about it!

Lurch is an adopted cat and I never met his birth mother. But recently one of his siblings, or rather the owner of one of his siblings, has been in touch, and she forwarded the big news that today is the day. A party is already in the works for this evening involving some sort of cat cake, and of course there will be gifts and singing, and whatever else I can think of that will mark the day as special for a cat whose last ten birthdays have gone un-celebrated.

Lurch was having none of the taped box on the floor.
I am most excited to learn that Lurch is a Gemini, as am I, which explains so much. Just a few weeks ago my son told me he read somewhere that if you make the shape of a box on the floor with masking tape, the typical cat will naturally step inside it and lie down. I tried it immediately with Lurch, and the results are shown above. That's my boy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Getting Crude Over Crudités

Despite my best instincts, all too often I wade into the cesspool known as the World Wide Web. The very name bespeaks horror, bringing to mi...