Monday, May 28, 2018

Cat Watching

When I was young I was filled with drive and ambition. I wanted to accomplish things. I had get up and go. Now that I am old, I want to do nothing but look at my cat. I can spend quite some time just watching him sleep. I find his face a miracle. And his feet, well, don't get me started on his feet. I share this with you because I was all set to write a blog post, but then I stopped, thinking how in the long run it's meaningless. Everything has been written already, by people who know a lot more than I do.

Of course I could recycle information and enlighten my readers to something they may have missed. For example, did you know that earthworms contain some of the same ingredients as human blood yet require no refrigeration, so they are being considered as replacements for blood in areas that lack refrigeration, like on the battlefield and in remote locations? If you want to know more just Google earthworms + blood transfusion; you don't really need me. Like I said, it's all been written already.

Then I saw my cat, sleeping on a chair. And I realized that watching him would be just as good a way to spend my time. Better, even. So that's what I'm doing. I hope I feel differently tomorrow, but I may not. Who knows, I may have entered a whole new phase of Cat Watching that could go on for awhile. If you check back here and find no new blog posts, you can assume that's what has happened.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Where is Your Focus?

By now, most functioning adults should have realized two things: Joe Biden is a demented fool who is not really making any decisions for our...