Sunday, July 26, 2015

Watering the Lawn

We are all so wrapped up in our tiny little individual lives, we forget that we are each merely a blade of grass in the Great Lawn. And if one single blade of grass gets trampled on and dies, the Lawn is still intact, and green, and great, and in need of mowing. Nobody misses a blade of grass. If only I could remember this. But I forget, and take myself seriously, just like everyone else.

There exists a condition called postprandial hypotension and I can now add it to my ever-lengthening list of ills. Basically it is feeling dizzy after eating. The good news: it really does happen, mostly among woman and the elderly, so it's not just another example of me going nuts. (Plenty of other things are, but I won't go into those.)

Anyway, if you feel this way from time to time, relax. It's a real thing. Drink more water. Be a blade of grass.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sundays Are Hard

It's Sunday, so the New York Times is in the house. Even though we buy it primarily for the crossword puzzle in the magazine section, s...