Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Jesus Saves in Several Ways

So last week I came down with a really nasty case of plantar fasciitis. It sucks. It's the worst. I want it to die, along with all insects. Anyway, I went online and read every single word I could find on the subject, and learned that I could spend a fortune on treatments and doctors and special shoes and socks and still not get one lick better. I also learned it could last weeks or months or years, with no rhyme or reason to the duration of the ailment.

I tried orthotics and ibuprofen and yoga and acupuncture and foot exercises before getting out of bed in the morning. Hot tubs and foot soaks in epsom salts and frozen water bottles and rolling a tennis ball under my foot. I also cried a lot.

Then last night I spoke with my sister on the phone. She is a born-again something, I'm not sure what but Jesus is her savior. Anyway, she said she would pray for me. And this morning my foot is perfectly fine.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Sundays Are Hard

It's Sunday, so the New York Times is in the house. Even though we buy it primarily for the crossword puzzle in the magazine section, s...