Thursday, July 9, 2015

Pay Attention to the Good Times


Some days it just doesn't pay to get out of bed in the morning. 
Still, we do. 
After all, you never know. 
Maybe today.
If only. 

If only my foot didn't hurt so damn much. 
If only I could go for a walk.
Those were the good old days. 
Who knew?

So I cry.

Then I remember all the people who can never go for a walk and regret complaining.
Friends I have known stuck in wheelchairs.
What a fool I've been.
 
Sadly, that does not change things for me. 
I still can't go for a walk only now it's worse because I'm depressed,
thinking of all the people who never could. 

"I cried because I had plantar fasciitis in my foot.
Then I met a man who had it in both feet."
(I still have it in mine though.)







No comments:

Post a Comment

Sundays Are Hard

It's Sunday, so the New York Times is in the house. Even though we buy it primarily for the crossword puzzle in the magazine section, s...