Tuesday, July 21, 2015

My Secret Crush


Last weekend a very nice person I had dinner with and who I would have called a friend stormed off in a huff without so much as a "by your leave" because I admitted, or rather confessed, that I love George W. Bush, had voted for him twice, and deeply dislike Bill and Hillary Clinton. This friend, again no names, is a severe liberal, something I knew about him and yet I still liked him, so I felt as if he should know that about me too, instead of it being a dark secret.

Apparently some secrets must be kept. But now that it's out, let me add that while I usually marry younger men, I think W. looks pretty good for someone exactly my age.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sundays Are Hard

It's Sunday, so the New York Times is in the house. Even though we buy it primarily for the crossword puzzle in the magazine section, s...