Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Modern Life: The Cliff Notes Version

      Gordon Studer
I can tell by how few people have read today's earlier post that literature is dead. Nobody wants to read anything longer than a tweet these days. So here's a shortened version of the story I posted this morning:

After Helen's husband of 24 years died in a car accident, she was sad but at the same time felt that a new chapter of life lay ahead. At 52, she assumed there was plenty of time for more adventures and maybe even a new relationship. She wasn't in much of a hurry, which was too bad, because only five months later she was killed driving over a bridge in an explosion caused by terrorists.

You never know when your number is up.

No comments:

Post a Comment

10 Things About Coffee

Today is National Coffee Day. Not sure what that means, but I am having a cup of coffee right now as I write this so I suppose I am doing my...