Monday, March 31, 2014

Modern Family


My husband travels a lot for business. Always has. When we were first married, I would on occasion call the hotel where he would be staying and pretend I was from the mayor's office of whatever city and alert them to a visiting dignitary, asking them to put wine and mints and maybe flowers in his room. I always knew exactly where he was, on what particular flight, and would track his progress. He always called when he landed to allay my fears, since back then I assumed that any and every plane would crash.

Now we have been married for 28 years. Today he went somewhere--your guess is as good as mine but I think it's Chicago or Philadelphia-- and I know he didn't crash because there's been nothing on the news. Besides, according to my Chat list he was online just four minutes ago. Ahh, marriage! Or rather, ahh Facebook!

1 comment:

  1. ps i miss that treatment i used to get back in those days!!

    ReplyDelete

Obama's New America

Barack Hussein Obama relaxing at home. The situation on many of America's college campuses is dire. Not only are we learning that studen...