Sunday, March 30, 2014

A Non-Bucket List

Lots of people have bucket lists. The term refers to the expression "to kick the bucket," meaning to die. What bucket, I wondered, and so did some sleuthing and learned of its gruesome origins, having to do either with a method of suicide or the slaughter of pigs. Despite that, and despite the belief that one should embrace new experiences and keep an open mind, there are a few things I've never done and plan to continue not doing until I die.

Following is my Non-Bucket List in no particular order, although if pressed I might try the last one but certainly never the first. What's on your "no thanks" list?

Read the Bible
Play poker
Take a cruise
Visit Graceland
Go fishing
Watch football
Read "Harry Potter"
Speak Russian
Have cosmetic surgery
Ride a horse
Wear a bikini
Drink Coke
Climb Mt. Everest
Eat snails
Be in a TV audience
Milk a cow
Try heroin
Go ballooning
Watch "The Cosby Show"


2 comments:

  1. How would one slaughter a pig with a kicked bucket? Let's see, I slit the throat, drain the blood into the bucket and then I am so heady that I trip on the bucket and fall over cursingy my toe? So the saying must've meant something else before it came to mean die. Maybe it meant "watch where you are going" so you don 't kick a bucket full of blood? That must not be it....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. got to the Wikipedia entry for "kick the bucket" and you will find out all....

      Delete

Obama's New America

Barack Hussein Obama relaxing at home. The situation on many of America's college campuses is dire. Not only are we learning that studen...