Sunday, September 18, 2011

The Nicest Thing

When writing a blog, it is generally assumed you can say anything you want: There's no boss, no advertisers, no nothing. You can pick any topic and say anything about it. Sometimes you might even take a suggestion tossed at you, like the one from my husband, moments ago, that I write about something "nice" instead of my usual complaining. He said, "try writing about the nicest thing that happened today, or something that makes you happy or that you're grateful for."

So far today, the nicest thing that happened to me is is that nothing bad happened to me, or to anyone, for that matter. There were no mass shootings, plane crashes, protesting looters,
destructive weather conditions, or plague outbreaks. It's just a quiet Sunday, at least here in Maine. (That fatal Reno air show disaster was days ago, I am so over that.) And while I know people died today, I didn't know anyone personally who did.

The second nicest thing about today was finding a beautiful head of lettuce at the local organic foods market, which I bought and took home for dinner. So while this day was not one for the record books, still, all in all, it was a pretty nice day. I'd gladly take another one just like it.

1 comment:

  1. deneb says: very nice lettuce head. I can see past your negativity. actually your negativity is one of the things I like about you because you do it in such a positive way. don't be anything but YOU.

    ReplyDelete

Nuke Gaza (or at Least Ilhan Omar)

If they can say "From the river to the sea," I can say "Nuke Gaza. " That's extreme, I know, but hey, do you rememb...