Wednesday, February 22, 2023

The Vitriol of Strangers

People online are so mean! I can hardly believe the hateful comments posted following news stories about celebrities. You just know that the people writing them are fat, ugly, unemployed and with nothing else to do. What I don't understand is why such a thing as commenting on news stories is permitted. What's it for? Who needs to know the opinions of anonymous losers about anything?

I have still not succeeded in breaking myself of the habit of reading that kind of vitriol. It poisons me from head to toe, yet I still do it. I guess it's not as bad as being addicted to drugs or alcohol, but the result is almost the same: stealing moments of my life for nothing of value. And the older we get, the fewer moments we have remaining.

I better get outside and go for a walk.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Fat Is Never Good

                        For reasons that remain unclear, a growing acceptance of fat people has taken root in our society. Online, more and...