Thursday, February 2, 2023

The Leading Killer of Women

"Feb. 3 is National Wear Red Day, a day when the eye-catching color can be used to increase awareness of heart disease in women."

The above suggestion was the opening statement of an email I received from the Mayo Clinic. I know, I was surprised too. I always thought the Mayo Clinic was the epitome of reason and sanity when it comes to health, but I guess not. The message went on to say that heart disease is the number one killer of women, which is why it's so important to wear red tomorrow.

As someone who had a heart attack five years ago I guess I should comply. But it doesn't imply that wearing red will keep you or anyone else from having a heart attack, just that it will increase awareness of the disease in women. And how is that good? Like we all don't have enough to worry about?

I personally am worried about Rep. Ilhan Omar who was just kicked off the Senate Foreign Affairs Committee for having said several pretty obnoxious anti-Israel and anti-Jews-in-general remarks in the past. Rather than saying, "I get it, okay, my bad," her bratty response was, "My voice will get louder and stronger." Oy, just what we need.

Maybe we should all wear turbans to increase our awareness of anti-Semites working on Capitol Hill, participating in our government and getting paid by our tax dollars. Okay, so tomorrow maybe wear a red turban.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Throwback Thursday: Donald Trump Is Child's Play

While the Democrats are all hot and bothered over a one-night stand between Donald Trump and Stormy Daniels, threatening to imprison him fo...