Sunday, February 26, 2023

Oprah Goes Shopping

Today the AOL landing page where I go to retrieve my email had a promo entitled, "Oprah's Favorite Crossbody Available at Amazon for $45." 

Okay, let's unpack this claim slowly. First of all, Oprah is one of the richest women on the planet with a net worth of 2.5 billion dollars. I would bet all four of my limbs, my firstborn and all my earthly possessions that she does not own anything that cost $45, let alone a handbag. And this one is not even leather but "100% vegan," which means plastic. (Try to imagine Oprah using a plastic handbag.) 

Also, would Oprah even use a "crossbody"? When, and under what circumstances? On the Red Carpet at some awards ceremony? Perhaps on her private, 16-passenger, $75 million Gulfstream jet? Or maybe on a fabulous yacht belonging to one of her billionaire friends? Besides, being such a big girl, a crossbody might not even fit her.

Anyway, I didn't click.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Fat Is Never Good

                        For reasons that remain unclear, a growing acceptance of fat people has taken root in our society. Online, more and...