Tuesday, February 21, 2023

Old Ladies On Capitol Hill

Barbara Lee, a 76-year-old Democratic Congresswoman from California, has announced her intention to run for the seat vacated by retiring Senator Dianne Feinstein, 89. CNN anchor Don Lemon would surely have something to say about this, since both old dames are certainly no longer "in their prime." (Google it.)

Being an old dame myself (76), I'm guessing that Ms. Lee must be crazy. There is no amount of fame, fortune or glory that could get me to rise early every day, fix my face and hair, don hard shoes and some sort of professional attire and hop into a waiting Uber, only to sit inside all day listening to the drivel coming out of most of the mouths on Capitol Hill, not to mention dodging reporters and lunching with a gaggle of arrogant lobbyists at some pretentious D.C. watering hole. 

And that's just Washington life. The rest of the time, back home among my constituents, there'd be all sorts of meetings with the locals to get through, county fairs to traipse around and rubber chicken dinners at which to speechify. I couldn't have done it at any age but at 76 it's simply out of the question, especially since I sleep with a cat on my lap and can't even get out of bed until he does. 

I pray for Ms. Lee to come to her senses and get a cat so she can properly enjoy her golden years. (See photo.)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Throwback Thursday: Donald Trump Is Child's Play

While the Democrats are all hot and bothered over a one-night stand between Donald Trump and Stormy Daniels, threatening to imprison him fo...