Tuesday, October 11, 2022

What Is A Friend

When a friend dies, our lives are greatly diminished. It also puts everyone else in perspective. This is certainly true in my case. 

Last July 22 my best friend of 25 years, Debra Sandack, was killed in a car accident. Since then I have pretty much lost interest in having friends at all, except for the ones who were grandfathered in. As for those "friends" who are nothing more than people who live in your neighborhood or work with you, forget about it.

Today I went through my list of "friends" on Facebook and eliminated anyone who does not know I have been sick with bronchitis for the last two weeks. I also deleted anyone who has not contacted me in several months. 

If you have friends who use you as a receptacle for stories about themselves, get rid of them. They are useless and only drain your energy. Do something else with your time.


No comments:

Post a Comment

You Are What You Eat

Here in Maine, it's fiddlehead season. Fiddleheads are baby ferns. If left undisturbed they would become adult ferns, like the ones you ...